Welcome to Comberton Nursery!
We feel privileged to be sharing your child's first stepping stone in education. Nursery have an exciting term ahead, our days will be filled with lots of wonderful experiences and opportunities for learning and growing. On this page we will share our learning journey with you and keep you up to date with our latest letters and information.
People who help us and Christmas!
The topic chosen for this half term is ‘people who help us and Christmas.’ This will include talking about all the people that help us in the community.
Each week we will explore a different colour and sound. We encourage children to bring in objects that are the chosen colour or begin with the chosen sound each week. Our weekly plans are displayed on the Nursery notice board and allow you to see activities we will be doing each week. Children will learn a new concept each week and there will be a linked challenge on the notice board. It would be lovely if you could bring in photographs of your child completing these challenges.
- Thursday 24th October at 11:30-11:45 and 3:00-3:15 (before the end of each session) parents will be invited to a short performance of the children’s learning this half-term.
- Thursday 14th November at 10:30-11:30 we will have a visit from our local Police officer.
- Thursday 14th November at 6:00pm there will be a Maths workshop held for parents.
- Week commencing 18th November-Friday 22nd November is World Nursery rhyme week. We will be learning a different Nursery rhyme each day during this week and will perform these on Friday 22nd November at 11:30 and 3:00.
- Monday 2nd December at 8:45-9:45 and 12:15-1:15 we will hold a Christmas themed stay and play session. This will be an opportunity for parents to come and play with their child in Nursery.
- Monday 9th December at 11am will be our Christmas performance.
- Friday 13th December we will be selling christmas cakes that the children have made to raise money for a farm trip next year. Each cake will be 50p.
- Monday 16th December will be our Christmas party for all Nursery children. There will even be a visit from a Magician!
- Tuesday 17th December at 11:30-11:45 and 3:00-3:15 (before the end of each session) parents will be invited to a short performance of the children’s learning this half-term.
Further details will be sent out for all these events nearer the time.